Monday, October 4, 2010

Classical Music, Tacos, and Firearms...

It has been a good weekend, food with family... Nikolai now moves around so much, and they aren't kidding when they say the kicks start getting stronger around this time! His active periods are getting longer too! We also tried hooking up the headphones to the sound system. That was interesting.

It was a great weekend surrounded with good people. Friday we went over to Larry and Sheri's house for movie night. Watched 'The Fox and the Hound', Isaac's pick. Of course, as always, I cried. As in the picture (though blurry), the kids had gotten onto Brandon's back and he started moving around on all 4's. It was pretty funny, and the kids got a kick out of it! Saturday night we made Tacos with Brandon's side of the family. It was such good food! Good food + good company = a great time. Even though cooking and preparing seemed to take the most amount of time (hahaha). It was also a reminder what kind of tacos I like, homemade ones! No restaurant quality one will do, no fast food cheapness will suffice. Just homemade with actually taking a corn tortilla and frying it yourself. That is the only way to eat a taco. Add family, and it is even better! It was nice. We even got to spend time with Jacqueline and her two kids. I can't get over how much more little Brooke is talking! And on Sunday I got to hear Isaac's wonderful job working on sounding out some words! Wow, they grow up way too fast!

After going through more of the workbook for the Bradley class (picking up again tomorrow) and reading some sections (hearing starts at week 24, so talk to the baby and play music for him), we decided to hook up headphones to the jack in the sound system so Nikolai can listen to music. I have only 2 classical Cd's and one of them has Pachelbel's "Cannon in D" (to Brandon's enjoyment). We hooked the headphones up and placed them over my belly. Nikolai moved around so much. I can't help but feel concerned, is it hurting him? But no, it's stimulation. I figure, why just use classical? Why not more modern like Chopin, or even Gustav Holst? And can even grow from that to include things like Secret Garden (a Norwegian composer and Irish violinist, mostly instrumental) and even jazz. We talked about it, and sure! Start, how did Brandon put it, culturing them now... lol...

Of course I should have known it would cause Nikolai to move! The little guy is getting stronger with longer periods of movement. It was cool though to see him react to the music. He starts to kicks in certain spots and I just can't help to watch the bump in my belly have a jolt in those certain spots. It is more entertaining than TV! Course TV isn't that entertaining anyway. He has started to kick in certain spots and Ouch! does that hurt! Thankfully it doesn't happen often. But he also managed to put his little head up above my belly button and push out. I feel like the people from Alien and he is going to bust through any minute! Jacqueline even said she could see the little bump from his head when he did that after dinner Saturday. As painful as it is, it is still cool to feel from the outside his little head up against the thin stretch of separation from the outside world and his little bubble. I can't help but rub my belly, especially when he is right there!

Sunday, Brandon and Jacqueline went out to the shooting range past Three Points. I wanted  go to, but the loud noises that occur at those places probably isn't a good thing for my state. But I hoped that they had fun and am glad Brandon and his sister got to spend some time together. I never thought that I would say that I want to go. I can't shoot with Brandon's 9mm handgun, I wind up closing my eyes and can't tell where the shot went (not safe at all). All I can shoot is his .22 rifle. It is easy and nice, not much recoil. But, it is fun, though expensive...

This week, I am thankful that I got the substitution job in Sahuarita. I work only one day this week, today. After talking with Beth, she brought to my attention, wondering if they are trying to push me out. They hired a guy that took the days I normally work, no longer have me coming in on Cyber nights (granted that is a little much on my feet and back), and have limited my schedule to around 1 day a week (normally only totals about 2.5 hours). It's a sad thought. But so thankful I got that job. Now, hopefully, I can get some calls to go in and work. Keep your fingers crossed for me, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, since no school today and a doctors appointment tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)