Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Time Moves Slowly

I have decided that time moves so slowly in the third trimester. It is the final stretch and it just seems like it is going to take forever to end. I am ready, done with the side effects; the weight on my bladder, the butt in the ribs (at least that is what I hope it is), the extremely uncomfortable Braxton Hicks... I know that when it's over it will seem like the blink of an eye, but looking forward (in anticipation) is not the same as hindsight...

I was in the classroom yesterday  for 2 hours. Poor teacher's child was not feeling to good. I remembered thinking (while walking the classroom) that the time was just moving by so slowly! I had a Braxton Hicks begin while walking the classroom. They were doing center activities, but it still made management difficult. I had to sit down. I don't like sitting, I prefer to walk around and check the progress of the students. I guess I feel sitting puts me in less control. Especially in a kinder classroom! The PI (project inspire) aide just smiled at me, kinda giggled, and asked how much longer I have left. She smiled at my response and just said, "this time will feel like forever." Just completely validated my thoughts at that moment.

It seemed the first trimester would never end! Waiting for the baby belly to begin to show and waiting to make the announcement to family and friends. Then the second trimester seemed to fly by! Not enough time to enjoy the waning of morning sickness, the relief of less bladder pressure, more sleep at night (no longer having to wake up to use the bathroom ALL the time), the first kicks, rolls and whatever else the baby was doing in there! Only for the joyous moments (aside from the movement which is powerful and almost hurts!) to be pushed aside and replaced once again by the bladder pressure (and worse!), less sleep at night (waking at least 2 - 3 times to use the bathroom), and a comeback of food aversions, greedy hunger and no place to put the food! This probably adds to those pregnancy symptoms no one talks about and otherwise would make post-partum worse. 

Today, while walking the classroom (at least not giving a lesson) for spelling, I managed to get another Braxton Hicks followed by a butt or head really close to my ribs. Granted it was not in my ribs, but still made breathing rather difficult, not to mention uncomfortable! And again, I needed to sit. It seems once you sit, it is a free-for-all with the students to come up to you to do show and tell with their work or throw in whatever stories they feel they absolutely NEED to tell you (never important to the task at hand). I did have a great day today, I love the classroom! I am just ready...

But, I am told not yet. 5 weeks is still too much time needed in my portable incubator. I am now set on the pregnant woman waddle, it seems to not place as much pressure on the bladder. And I am willing to stop working at the bowling alley. It seems early to stop (sure they need to cut the hours), and I want to keep working at the school (I make more there anyway). So maybe I can be lazy and sit at home and do nothing? But that would add to the slow passage of time! 

5 weeks ... It's not really that long, but with all the uncomfortable things going on right now, it seems like eternity! ... 5 weeks ... that's it, just 5 weeks...

1 comment:

  1. :) Hopefully time starts to speed up for you - especially with the holidays coming maybe things will go faster. I am so jealous that you are so close to the end. I really feel like the 2nd trimester is never going to end for me! I'd definitely trade my 15 weeks left for your 5 :) But hang in there :) Of course it will all be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)