Monday, February 28, 2011

Desert Snow!

Hurray for snow in the desert! Amazing, right!?! Well, after I awoke from my 4 hour nap the other night, I decided to look outside because through the blinds, it looked funny... Surprised me, I saw snow and tried to wake Brandon up. I wanted pictures! Brandon stole my camera so I didn't get the angles I wanted, but still got pictures! :)

I was getting dressed after I had to pump when Brandon finally woke up... He was groggy, but boy did he jump out of bed! LOL... A little run down on our night before... I put Nikolai to bed at 8:30pm on Saturday. He did not actually wake up to get out of bed until 8 Sunday morning! Sadly, I was not so lucky with sleep. I was not able to fall asleep until 2am and woke up at 6 (and man was I engorged)! It was a good thing I did wake up to pump though or else we would have missed the snow!

By the time we had headed outside, it was closer to 7 and the snow was starting to melt. :( But we managed to get over 60 pictures, and that gives me lots to play with on the computer when Nikolai naps during the day! I thought how cool it would be to take pictures of Brandon's old cars with the snow on them and age the pictures. I guess that was Brandon's thought as well when he grabbed the camera. He ran out and said he was going to take pictures of his cars... LOL... We are dorks, I know...

Brandon's current project... His '71 Ford Bronco. I have to admit that I am excited about this one becoming drivable. It will be a manual :) I miss driving a manual... You can't tell from this picture, but it is a pretty blue color. And when it is done, we can take it off-road-ing and camping! Hurray for family trips/events outside!

Anyway... After running around and taking pictures of the ground, we climbed to the roof to take pictures of the mountains (like the first two pictures) and decided to make a snowman. I was getting tired from being awake at 6 after only 4 hours of sleep, and my hands were starting to hurt. But, how cool would it be to get pictures of Nikolai with a snowman! Nikolai's first time seeing snow and we were able to make a snowman. Nikolai wont remember it, but how cool!


I can't get over how much bigger Nikolai looks in these pictures! I guess it forced me to take a step back and actually look. Gosh... But, the snowman and Nikolai have matching hats. :)


Here are some views of our backyard (kinda) ... 




Between us and Bonnie & Alan's...



This is the garden area... I had fun playing around with this picture a little bit. The white on the bench is snow and if you look closely you can see the clouds by the mountains...


Brandon's '57... This was Brandon's doing with the border and all... Just thought I would show it off for him...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)