Wednesday, March 23, 2011

4th Trimester is Over

Nikolai was three months yesterday! Time has gone by so fast. It seems just yesterday we were bringing him home and taking him to see family. He is becoming more alert, grabbing at stuff a whole lot more, and has gained new interest in his feet (so forget sitting!).

And, because he is now 3 months, I figure now is as good a time as any to start sleeping in his own crib rather than in the pack-n-play's bassinet. I am going to get my side of our bedroom back! Hurray!

Yesterday, Nikolai slept in the crib for his second afternoon nap (his afternoon naps usually took place for 30 - 60 minute increments). So that way it wasn't completely foreign for overnight. I probably didn't have to be too concerned because he slept the same amount of time as he does normally. Now we just have to get the changing pad for the dresser/changer and the rocker into the bedroom so that way I can feed him and change him without having to go all over the house. It will be easier getting into a routine anyway.

This morning he woke up and started cooing in his crib just like he does every other morning. I took him into our bedroom, changed him, fed him and played like we normally do. Then he went to sleep before I had a chance to put him back into the crib, but he slept for 3.5 hours for his morning nap! That is longer than he normally sleeps! I was impressed, and not to mention was able to get some sleep because I did not sleep well last night! I kept imagining or dreamt that I heard him crying, so I kept walking up to his door to see if he was crying.

For his afternoon nap, I decided to swaddle him. I haven't swaddled him for a while now, but I think that might help settle him into an afternoon routine. I used to swaddle him for the night time and his morning nap and he now just sleeps during those times. So I am trying this to see if it helps get him to sleep during the afternoon. So far he has slept for about 1.5 hours. Hopefully I will get at least another half-hour to an hour before he wakes up.


It seems he is getting so big so fast! I can't get over how much he has changed since he was born. It is a wonder: the growth, changes and development of an infant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)