Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nappy Time

The schedule is changing again! Or either he is fighting sleep. I have no idea, but I feel exhausted!

He has been taking only 2 hour naps in the morning and scattered 1 hour naps in the afternoon. I am lucky if he takes 1 hour naps in the afternoon, It's more like 20 minutes after each feeding! Right now he is sleeping, and has been for about 45 minutes. But I think that is because I swaddled him and left him to cry it out in his crib for about 15 minutes before he fell asleep. Of course, that was after he had been awake for 4 hours!

4 hours! Crazy. It seems all of a sudden he has been awake for long stretches. It seemed to go from about 2 hours to 4 hours. And that is only because I forced him to go to sleep! *and he's awake*

This morning Nikolai was up a little before 7 and didn't take a nap until 9. The only reason he napped at that time is because I put him to bed and he cried for a few minutes. He had spewed all over the bed before that, so there was no chance I was going to take a nap at that time. He only slept for 2 hours, woke up at around 11 and was good to go!

Of course he rolled over, so far, 4 times today. He even seemed to roll front to back! But I think that was because of the bed. He was in the middle and Brandon's side is softer than my side. But, he has been going back and forth from back to side. So it is probably going to happen sometime. Maybe not soon, but still.

*much later* Finally he is in bed. Not yet asleep but almost. Maybe I need to keep him awake longer in the morning? He is going to cat nap during the day still, probably no way around that, but he gets so tired!

On a side note, he has been grabbing his feet and the pull on his rocker (it plays "if your happy and you know it"). It's so cute, though the picture is from my phone and doesn't do him justice. The first time he did it (the pull), he looked surprised! Now he does it, though I am not sure if it happens completely intentionally.

About an hour before putting him to bed, one of us started laughing (probably me) and he laughed at me (so it seemed like he started it). I thought it was cute and funny, so then I laughed at it. He laughed in return and it continued like that a few moments until he got the hiccups. He has the tendency to get the hiccups after laughing, and it is sad because it ends the laughing rather abruptly. But still, I had been laughing so hard, I had tears in my eyes. Granted it was also because I love the sound of his laugh. :)

Anyway. I hope that tomorrow goes better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)