Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sleep Solutions for Babies - WhatToExpect.com


I think I am lucky that Nikolai sleeps so well at night. But I am thinking that we need to move him from the bassinet to the crib soon. That means I need to hurry and get the bedding washed. Hopefully we haven't made the habit of him sleeping in the bassinet an actual habit. I just hope it isn't going to be too difficult.

We were waiting to put him in there because it is too cold with the tile floors, cement block and brick walls, and just lack of softness. We are and have been in the process of changing that, but at night it is still a little too cold to just leave him in there. We have a couple space heaters, but one is not as nice as the other. Oh well, we will just have to deal with not having a decent heater in our room as little man is more important. We can handle the cold better than he can.

After hearing horror stories from some people and the difficulty my Mom has putting Dylan to bed at night. I don't want the same problem with Nikolai when he gets older. I just hope he stays as good as he is now, later...

I just hope he is getting enough sleep. According to what to expect (Amount of Baby Sleep) and other sites he is getting enough sleep, we just need to work on the nap scheduling... Hopefully that can kick in soon. At least the afternoon naps. He gets about 2-3 hours in the morning about 1.5-2 hours after we wake up at about 7 am. So far, I am lucky... I just hope that it stays that way (since 3 months seems to be another changing point in baby's sleep schedules) ...

2 comments:

  1. This may be the most important thing about sleep training - don't bring baby to bed with you when he/she wakes up ... I think that is the problem with Dylan. Trevor would just bring her to the bed with him when she'd wake up and then at night when she was supposed to go to bed he would lay down with her. The result was prolonging her falling asleep and needing constant attention. Big mistake, baby doesn't learn to put him/herself to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Alyssa did that too. Learning through others... That is what I am trying to do! We will see...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)