Monday, April 4, 2011

A Story to Tell

This was pretty funny and I wish that I had a picture of it, or at least captured it on video. Nikolai was very intent on telling me a story and I was not allowed to look at anything except for him. That made it difficult because I was checking email and talking to a friend, trying to get votes so her dog can win a contest, checking blogger, and DPS.

He has been really upset for a big part of the day. His attention has not lasted long on much and I am exhausted trying to keep up with him. By 5 this evening we went over to Bonnie and Allen's so Brandon could help put the lift on Bonnie's jeep. He was fine while we were over there until he had fallen asleep the first time. After that he was fussy, crying and just seemed over tired.

We got home around 9:30, and after feeding and a diaper change I put him down in his swing to help him relax. There is something about the slow swinging that seems relaxing. Well, he didn't exactly relax. He started cooing away, and I thought is was cute and did my "oh, is that so. wow, really." responses that I normally do. Well, apparently that wasn't good enough. I thought he was just tired cause it was late. Nope.

He wanted my full, undivided attention. I was looking at the computer, doing my normal multitasking social networking that I do, and he started making his 'vocalizing frustration' noises. I looked at him and he stopped those noises and started coo-ing. He was pulling on his right pointer finger and his left thumb ever now and then, grabbed his feet all while cooing and talking away. I figure he was telling a story that involved those fingers. He said something more then stuck his fingers in his mouth.

So I figure he was done. Nope. I had looked away and he got mad at me again. He would coo, and then flail his arms and legs. Apparently that was important, the flailing of the arms and legs because his face would get all serious. Then he would stop and smile and talk, then flail again. I was a little worried at first, but maybe he was just trying to stay awake. But he was adamant about me listening and watching!

Then he was done. It was cute. He had a story and wanted me to listen. I wish I knew what he was talking about, but unfortunately I don't understand grunt and coo. It will be so interesting to hear his stories once he actually starts talking, And we can undersand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)