Tuesday, July 24, 2012

His First Haircut!

Before Haircut
We decided that his hair was getting kind of shaggy and sadly we were going to cut it. 19 months was a good run before cutting it. We just didn't want to loose his curls! We know they wont grow back, but it would be cool if they did! I wanted to cry afterward. He really doesn't look my baby, but a little kid!

After Haircut


We did not go anywhere to have his hair cut, we did it at home. And he was so squirmy (didn't think he wouldn't be) and it took us over an hour to cut his hair! We saved a little curl for the scrapbook (whenever I get around to it)...

We first tied of the curliest part of his hair, we weren't ready to part with that yet and it would be super cute for Halloween. We are going to be pirates this year! ;) We showed him his hair so he could see what was going on. He had seen Brandon and his Aunt Jacqueline cut Isaac's hair, so this was not exactly all entirely new.



And then, the realization kicked in, that it was HIS hair in his Daddy's hands and falling around him. He was so sad! He started saying, "No, no, no... Back!" he says back when putting things away, back where they go...



I think the little hairs falling down all around were starting to irritate and hurt his skin because he started saying "ow". At first I thought it was because he didn't want his hair cut. But I gave him his brush to play with and sit still a little longer before showering with Daddy to remove the cut hairs and he was fine... But no longer my baby, a little boy instead.



His hair even feels thicker and different. I like to rub his head, but the soft, baby feeling is no longer there and it's starting to feel more like his Daddy's.I still rub his little head, and he thinks it's funny...

He is growing up quickly, there is no doubt about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)