Monday, September 24, 2012

The Literary Reader - Multicultural Titles

I am trying to develop a list of Must Read Books..
 
Mostly childrens books because 1) my son, and 2) my teaching..
 
I have found this awesome website called Paper Tigers and their blog is fascinating! Here is another cheer to the wonderful world of Blog-dom and Social Networking!
 
This website is focused on multicultural works for children. Now, one sometimes needs to be warry of multicultural children's books as they are not true to the different cultures. Authors perspective plays a HUGE roll in books. We learn that in school, to watch our perspective in our own personal writing, we have to be careful of other people's writing too.
 
This blog is awesome in that they have book reviews and suggestions for you! Of course, their website is even more informational! But, you'll just have to check it out for yourself! ;)
 
And so I begin my list by what I think sounds interesting...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)