Thursday, March 14, 2013

Falling for Fabric

I went to the Tucson Modern Quilt Guild meeting this evening and I am so glad that I joined. Just being around people with this interest is nice. To share ideas and to hear ideas is wonderful. Not to mention it is in a quilt/sewing/fabric shop! How fun is it to be able to look at fabric for a few hours, admire the beauty of quilts, and touch the softness of it? Wonderful!
 
I found these few pieces (and they are not all that I saw) and just got really excited. Don't know what I would do with it if I were to get it... But... Loving this fabric combo, for little girl's quilt? That is if it even happens anytime soon. By the time I get around to it, the lines may be gone or hard to find. I do kinda need to figure out what I am doing anyway.
 
The gray...

 
This gray is Noteworthy Cloudy Sing Out Loud by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics. The gray is perfect and the birds are so cute, but subtle.
 
The purple...
 

It is Folkloric Blooms Circles in Plum by Sue Spargo and Wendy Morris for Robert Kaufman Fabrics. This picture does not do it justice. The pattern is small and it almost seems shimery kind of. Not entirely, but enough.
 
The green...
 
 
This is part of the Folkloric Blooms line as well. and they looked super cute together. There was more fabric in the area, but I do not know what the line, manufacturer or designer was...
 
But here is a picture I took with my phone!
 
 
This wasn't entirely what I had in mind when I thought of green, but these totally caught my eye and I thought they were great! But what could I do with with them? No idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)