Friday, June 28, 2013

Baby Shower, Swimming, and Other Things...

This last Sunday my good friends Beth and Arlene threw me a baby shower for Samara. I am just so thankful for all the people that came out, and sorry we missed the ones who couldn't make it (it's ok, we should get together later!)...

Nikolai and I went swimming on Monday in a blow-up pool that we bought last year (and hardly ever used) He is so cute and had so much fun!

I had a doctor appointment on Wednesday, and I have some news about that too! So... Here we go...
Baby shower first... 

I had fun! It was hot, and in the park at least we had shade! I was having contractions about every 30 minutes. So, it made for an interesting event, I did not want to stand up and walk around! But I still had fun, I hope others did as well...




I am so thankful for everything the girls did in setting up and the games. One of the incredible ideas that one of the girls had was to get fabric and use fabric markers to write notes to the baby. I can use them to make a quilt for her! Love the idea, and I love the fabrics! Here is what I have for that so far!


My mom gave me the blanket she was given when I was a baby! It made me want to cry, I remember this quilt as a kid! I think I used it with my doll...


I am very excited! I cannot wait for the arrival of little girl! I think mostly because I am done, tired! The heat and everything. I am lucky to survive till 10:30 and I usually need a nap!

So one day to keep both Nikolai and I occupied, I took out the blow-up pool and we swam. It was wonderful to just sit and relax!





It was nice. I love the little pool and Nikolai does too. I will have to set it up again soon and hopefully before Samara comes.

Then on Wednesday I had my doctor appointment and he did a check! I am currently 3-4cm dialated already! And, 80% effaced too! Wow! So much further along than with Nikolai! I had my first check with him 9 days before the due date and no dilation/effacement. I wrote about that here. And with Samara, I still have 12 days to go! Will she be early? on time? late? We will see...

Then Wednesday night I had contractions coming 10-5 minutes apart for about 2 hours. We decided it would be a good idea to head into the hospital. We went through triage only to find that they were not progressing labor, then they stopped after 11! Really! about 6 hours of contractions and nothing! Crazy! So, we were sent home.

Just sitting and waiting for her to decide to come. That's ok. I wanted to finish unloading the boxes of books in our bedroom (granted there is stuff in the way of one of the bookcases and a little too heavy for me to lift) and finish her bedroom. I am debating. Wait for Brandon to paint it with me or just start painting it. I know he wants to paint it too, but really, it wont get done unless I do it...

It's been an exciting week! We will see how next week goes! :) Tomorrow I am off to the Sew Day with Tucson Modern Quilt Guild to work on a mug rug for a swap! Just need to figure out what I am doing for tomorrow before I leave! :)

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! That all sounds very exciting. She may even be here already! Thanks for linking up to Friday Felicities. (You're a no-reply blogger now - not sure if that is on purpose? Google+ tends to mess with people's profiles)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)