I have grown to really love this holiday. For the last couple years Little Man has been adamant about what our theme is to be, last year was Batman. The year before was Peter Pan, but he was not as adamant and more willing to go with the flow on that one. This years theme was: Spider-Man
Little Man's Spider-Man:
- Top Pattern Used: GYCT Designs Rival Raglan (affiliate links)
- Fabrics used: 4-way stretch performance fabric
- Modifications: color blocking and adding a waistband
- Embelishments: stencil and webbing design made with puffy paint!
- Bottom Pattern Used: Bonny Leggings by Made for Mermaids
- Hood: Self drafted, kind of... It wasn't too easy!
- Boots: self drafted like the hood
- Top was the free Raglan from Melly Sews
- Bottom were a modified legging pattern. We are the same size, just extended the rise and straightened the legs at the calves a little bit...
- Fabric was mystique performance from Joann's
- bottoms were a shiny pleather looking stuff from our local discount shop
- The hood was the hardest part. We took a saran wrap mold of his head (puncturing holes at the nose and mouth with every wrap) and then taped the whole thing. It took lots of tries with a 'muslin' fabric (my green stuff)
Little Girl's Mrs. Fluffy Lumpkins
- Top: Bimaa Sweater by Lou Bee
- modifications: drafted a bill to add the nose, and ears, into the hood
- Bottom: Lollipop Leggings by Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop (affiliate links)
- modifications: Added a waistband instead of folding down the top with elastic
- Top: GreenStyle Creations Centerfield Raglan
- modifications: extended the front to accommodate the pregnant belly
- Bottoms: Peg Legs by Patterns for Pirates
- modifications: maternity modification
- The fabric was a green knit from the local discount shop
- Wings: I just used extra green fabric and the husband was going to paint it to look like feathers but...
- Cowl: I took a piece of white fabric from last year and sewed together to make an infinity scarf.
What did you dress up as for Halloween? If you didn't dress up, what did your kids dress up as?
Looking for some Halloween inspiration?
Check out our past years for costumes: