Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday Lately {Week 82}

Jumping in on Sunday Lately today with the Blogger Tribe! It's been a few months since I last joined in! It's been a crazy!

This weeks themes are Doing, Appreciating, Designing, Humming, Expecting

Doing//
School. My oldest started kindergarten this last week and our days have been driving to and from school. He goes for only a few hours since we do half day kinder out here. We have not adjusted with naps or our eating schedule yet, especially since he goes in smack dab in the middle of the day! Ah, but I am still so excited! We've started practicing sight words as homework every night and he already knows 5/20 of his first quarter words! He has been segmenting well too (he did it on his own the other day!), and I am super proud of him! It's still new though, we will see how we go towards the end of the year when we've burned out on the crazy schedule! Ha!


Appreciating//
Family. I could not have caught up on cleaning, or preparing, for my middle one's birthday party the day before school started. My mom has been coming over to help with the baby's room (it's still not ready yet) and helped get things cleaned up and in order for the birthday party. For once we were fairly ready on time, aside from a few veggies getting cut up, we were set to go on time! For us, that rarely ever happens and it would not have been without my mom's help!

A photo posted by JessiBerry (@jessiberry09) on


Designing//
The layout for the baby's room in my head. Where will I put everything? I'm just ready to get her out of my room. She wont fit in the bassinet of the pack 'n play for much longer.

Humming//
"it is well with my soul"
I'm sure there is something God is trying to tell me and I haven't figured it out yet if He keeps putting this song in my head. Until I figure out what it is I will continue to listen to Audrey Assad singing it... And perhaps look for a few more versions.

Expecting//
I have not relaxed this last week because of anticipation. Anticipation of time to leave for drop off/pick up, waiting for the next fit to ensue, the whining to start, the constant demands of "mommy, I want I want I want, need need need, mine mine mine, now now now" (in the voice of Dustin Hoffman as Hook). It's been too much and I cannot wait for my next get together with lady friends over dinner. Seriously it has been too long and I need the time with them! Now that we know a little more of what to expect with school, I'm hoping this dies down a little bit. But, I am going to 'try' to start preschool with Samara. I'm a little scared of this, she is my crazy 'spirited' child and only really listens to her daddy. So, we shall see.

Linking up!
Sunday Lately with Blogger Tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)