Friday, November 11, 2011

A Family Halloween...

I know this is a bit late, and I apologize...


We were Vikings for Halloween! And the costumes, the whole of them, were hand made. Well, that is aside from Nikolai's pants. I just used some gray sweats that we had for him. That was easier...

Brandon made our helmets, I made little beanies to go under the helmets. My Grandma put the fun fur at the bottom and helped by making the corset. I am really excited how these costumes turned out! And, if we decide to be pirates or something in the years to come the pants, and shirts (at least Brandon's and mine) will work for those!

We went to a party on that Saturday...

Brandon did not have the horns on my helmet at that point. But it was fun and nice to get out of the house and away from Nikolai for a little bit. My mom watched him, and then helped get him back to sleep.

On Halloween, we went to the harvest festival at Brandon's parents church. We received compliments on our costumes. One kid liked Nikolai's hat so the kid gave him a stuffed seal. It was so nice. As I was playing games though, I think a kid took it out of the diaper bag because one minute it was there and the next it was gone. That is really frustrating. One would think that at least at a church you would be honest. I was told that maybe it just fell out of the bag. But as I thought about it, it was there when I put candy into the bag, and then after playing a quick game, it was gone. The kid behind me in line was pushing into me at this game and I think it was him. Oh well, we no longer have a seal.

Nikolai left his hat on all during the festival, I was impressed! And he leaves it on pretty well now too.

I am pretty satisfied with our halloween costumes and I really enjoyed us all participating in it together. I hope to do more family costumes in the future. It just made it all the more fun! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)