Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year: Welcome 2015 (New Year's Resolutions - Goals)


Happy New Year! Welcome 2015!

I am not one for setting new year's resolutions because I know that I'm not going to keep them. You know, those silly ones...

But, are they really silly? I mean, if we set attainable, measurable goals, who's to say we wont keep them? Here's to making those Resolutions more like Goals we can Keep!

So here are my resolutions...

My first resolution is that I want to start selling handmade (no, Handcrafted as a fellow seamstress, blogger and friend had said). I sent out my first invoice New Years Eve and I have to say that it was exhilarating and exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time! Based on the same conversation from aforementioned friend, I know I can make things, and make them well. But just because I would rather make something than buy it does not mean others feel the same way. The Yoda Inspired Hoodie was a pretty good start, right?

My second New Year's resolution is that I really need to get into action and start getting out some paper pieced patterns I have been working on. I have a bunch of them sitting in a file on my old computer just needing directions written up, tested, corrected, published and listed. I am hoping to get some time to get those out there! I love paper piecing. I even started last year with my Arizona Flag Mug Rug paper pieced pattern on Craftsy.

New Year's resolution number 3 focuses on that Hubby and I have been working on getting debt free. Have you read any of Dave Ramsey's books? SO awe inspiring! I remembered hearing a while ago that in order for the economy to improve people would have to go further into debt. When (at the time) the average American had 14 credit cards and owed thousands, that made no sense to me. It still doesn't make sense to me. I have had people who believed this lie try to explain it. But if I didn't owe hundreds of dollars every month in debt that money could go to business and independent designers and the community. I see that as doing more to improving the economy than my money going to backs that use it to sell more debt. (rant end) But it also helps us here in the now and in the later.

Our 4th is to buy a bigger car. Ok. Maybe this one is shooting more for 2016. But hey, it's a goal to make #3 more enticing right? Besides, it would be so wonderful to be able to car pool in one car rather than take multiple cars. Plus it gives more room.

Now for those ones that seem 'silly', but really they are all about health! 5th is not to skip meals. I think I have been working on this one already, without success. Does coffee count as breakfast and lunch? No? oh... well... Yeah, I need to work on that.

My final big goal for the year... Sleep 8 hours a night. Tonight (if I went to bed now, as in right this minute) it's not gonna happen. Hmm, sew, crochet, sleep? I pick the first two. Sewing uninterrupted by children. Crocheting without littles pulling at the yarn? Wonderful!  Waking up feeling icky and sleep deprived with getting a migraine later, not so wonderful... Darn those consequences... I'll just have to reprioritize my day. After all, we don't need clean dishes to eat off of, right? ;)

These are my big ones.

Tell me: What is your big goal for the year? Or are you like me and do not usually set them?

New Year's resolution or not,
Hope you have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)