Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hungry Hands

Nikolai has been discovering his hands, if that is what you want to call it. It started out as a sucking thing when he was hungry. At least that was one of the ways we knew he was hungry, he sucked on his hands, arms, whatever came near his mouth. At the hospital, he had given himself a bruising on his arm while the photographer was taking pictures because he was sucking on his arm. Well, now he actually is purposefully putting his hands to his mouth.

I have to say it is quite cute. He looks at his little fists and attempts to put them into his mouth. He has missed several times and hit is cheek or eye. But his eyes follow his fist the whole way to his mouth, then he looks cross-eyed! It is funny and I can't help but laugh. He blinks the cross-eyed-ness away and looks stunned for a moment before preceding to look at his fists again.


A few times he has tried to put both hands into his mouth at one time. The last time I saw him do this, he got frustrated that they both didn't fit and let out a little cry. I guess he figured it was ok because he went back to one fist rather than two.



I just hope that it doesn't turn into thumb sucking. As that is what it has been a few times, a little fist with his thumb in his mouth. But, until then, I am going to continue to laugh and take pictures of it because it is too cute.





1 comment:

  1. Too cute Jess - love the pics! Yeah - Aurora has given herself a few hickies on the arms too. At first I thought I'd bruised her because I noticed it after a bath and it was such a fight, but I thought I was being gentle! Then I realized that she'd done it to herself :) Silly babies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)