Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day MOMery: Reminiscing about motherhood...

MOMery = a mommy memory

How cute is that? Very! It's those things that stick out in your brain as a mom, or of your own mom. The good people at Dropcam are doing a few weeks compiling the wonderful love of mom and are selecting posts to highlight on their twitter account at the end of the week. It's similar to the set up we have in little man's room, but more complex, and they have security set ups too (not just baby monitors). It's video you can stream through Wi-Fi (ours uses our router). We thought it was a little weird at first when we started using a camera like that in his room. But it is far easier, especially being able to move the camera remotely is easy to see where he is (like when he falls asleep in his tent)... Nor I or drop cam are receiving any compensation for this post, all views are my own. 

The Berry Bunch: Mother's Day MOMery: Reminiscing about motherhood... {DropCam}


As a mom, from the way my little guy said hot dogs (hok-gons no longer) to pajamas (jamanas still).

But this week with the busyness of my birthday and mother's day, something happened. A thing that really melted my heart! What is this thing that happened that can melt a mother's heart? A thank you.

My 3 year old thanked me. Out of the blue. Just walked up to me talking about what he was playing (cars on his quilt) and then thanked me. He thanked me for the quilt I made him over a year and a half ago.

The Berry Bunch: Mother's Day MOMery: Reminiscing about motherhood... {DropCam}

It still goes on his bed every night. He asks for it to be on his bed every night. He uses the blocks for roads, pretends to be under the water during the day.

The Berry Bunch: Mother's Day MOMery: Reminiscing about motherhood... {DropCam}

The Berry Bunch: Mother's Day MOMery: Reminiscing about motherhood... {DropCam}

It looks like it glows during the day, with the lights shinning through the jelly fish. It's so fun!

The Berry Bunch: Mother's Day MOMery: Reminiscing about motherhood... {DropCam}


He thanked me for it, unsolicited. It melted my heart.

I am appreciated. I am loved. There are no words to express how I felt. His sincerity, his smile and then a hug that followed. I love it. I love him. Hard work does pay off, and not just the kind from sitting in front of the sewing machine.

Leave a comment: What have your little ones done to make you feel appreciated and loved, or what have you done for you mom (or mom-like figure) to show your love and appreciation? I would love to hear your stories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)