Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wave of Light: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day October 15th

Today is a day that is observed by those who are aware. We grieve, we are not alone in our grieving. They say 1 out of 5 women experience a loss.

The Berry Bunch: Wave of Light: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day October 15th


On September 11th, 2014 I lost a baby for the third time at 5 weeks gestation. Hubby was out of town and my poor kids had no idea why their mommy was so upset, angry, sad, frustrated. 

We weren't trying to have another baby. We were leaving the possibility of more children to the hands of God, if he so willed to bless us with more babies. 

I am grieving. I am holding the ones I can. I know I will never forget. 

I will look at my two babies that I can still hold and love them as they are. I will think of you as you may have been and cry. Every time your birthday comes and goes without a celebration, I hold you in my heart. Every anniversary I will hold your memory close. I miss you. I love you. 

I am lucky to have support from an amazing group of moms in the MOPs group. I honestly don't know what I would do without them. 

Today I am joining in the Wave of Light. We might not have any specific memorial or event in my area, but I will still light candles and say a prayer for myself and others who have experienced loss. The wave of light is a goal to have a day where there will always be a candle burning across the globe for the babies we lost and heaven gained. Starting at 7pm in your own time zone, light a candle for an hour. Join in the wave of light in remembrance of your own babies or those you know who have experienced loss.

The Berry Bunch: Wave of Light: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day October 15th


To my three babies, until I can hold you in heaven
5-9-2002      4 months
4-14-2008  9 weeks
9-11-2014  5 weeks

Searching pulls up so much information from websites devoted to some sort of loss...
Here are some website that I have spent some time looking at.

The official site for Pregnancy and Infant Remembrance Day

If you wish to start an event in your area.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could hold you and love on you and grieve for that little baby that never made it earth side. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)