I had picked up this fabric about the time that Little Lady S was born with the intention of making her a quilt. But that never happened. It was actually a cheap kit from Walmart and just wasn't in love with it as much as I had thought when I first bought it. But for baby girl K, it's perfect!
We are using owls for her theme... well, any raptor/bird of prey really. Owls just happens to be popular. And I prefer pinks and teal and a neutral... But this works.
I just started cutting the pieces and sewing as I went. Towards the end I was second guessing my cutting choices because things started not fitting together very well... I suggest to cut all in increments and ratios of each other instead of whatever number pops into your head like I did...
The binding is the backing wrapped around to the front, a piece of flannel that came with the kit. And I did not use any batting.
Looking at the tiny image on the screen, I feel kind of happy how it turned out! It's just different, for me. I haven't done anything like this before. I really suggest you try it! I might want to again, but with more meaning to the size of the strips I cut from the fabric...
for fun... Baby girl due in few days! (40 weeks on the 28th!). Don't mind my wet hair. ;)
And, the quilt with her very own Lambie (each kid has their own lambie)
I'm excited that I had energy to do a ton of stuff! This quilt I managed to finish in two days! Yay for nesting! But now, I need to sleep for a day! LOL!