Friday, January 22, 2016

Improv-Pieced Baby Quilt

I had a massive case of nesting the other day and accomplished a ton! Cleaning, sewing, organizing... All some much needed things to get done. Out of the sewing I had accomplished a baby quilt for the baby due any day now. Sad because Little Lady does not have one that I have made for her yet. But she does have some handmade quilts of her own from others. It lets me off the hook right? The quilt... I'm just calling it improv piecing at this point...

Improv-Pieced Baby Quilt: The Berry Bunch

I had picked up this fabric about the time that Little Lady S was born with the intention of making her a quilt. But that never happened. It was actually a cheap kit from Walmart and just wasn't in love with it as much as I had thought when I first bought it. But for baby girl K, it's perfect!

Improv-Pieced Baby Quilt: The Berry Bunch

We are using owls for her theme... well, any raptor/bird of prey really. Owls just happens to be popular. And I prefer pinks and teal and a neutral... But this works.

I just started cutting the pieces and sewing as I went. Towards the end I was second guessing my cutting choices because things started not fitting together very well... I suggest to cut all in increments and ratios of each other instead of whatever number pops into your head like I did...

Improv-Pieced Baby Quilt: The Berry Bunch

The binding is the backing wrapped around to the front, a piece of flannel that came with the kit. And I did not use any batting.

Improv-Pieced Baby Quilt: The Berry Bunch

Looking at the tiny image on the screen, I feel kind of happy how it turned out! It's just different, for me. I haven't done anything like this before. I really suggest you try it! I might want to again, but with more meaning to the size of the strips I cut from the fabric...

for fun... Baby girl due in few days! (40 weeks on the 28th!). Don't mind my wet hair. ;)

Improv-Pieced Baby Quilt: The Berry Bunch

And, the quilt with her very own Lambie (each kid has their own lambie)

Improv-Pieced Baby Quilt: The Berry Bunch

I'm excited that I had energy to do a ton of stuff! This quilt I managed to finish in two days! Yay for nesting! But now, I need to sleep for a day! LOL!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)