Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Car, Cheesecake, Diapers, and Doctors

Doctors appointment today. The last of the once-every-two-weeks visits and the start of once a week visits...
I was hoping to have a draft of our birth plan done by now, but with the last few weeks, everything has been crazy! Especially after this last week! And I have worked so much the last week and a half subbing. I enjoy it, but I don't know how much longer I can do it. Once it hits lunch time, I am exhausted! Maybe that is why some of the aides that work in the Project Inspire program are questioning my still working... And Sorry for such a long post, I have so much to talk about!

This weekend... 

Saturday we spent a good few hours completely cleaning out my car. We vacuumed the interior, wiped down the dashboard, console and doors, and emptied it of the junk that was taking up so much space! We even managed to get my car stash of extra oil, water, and other emergency items in with the spare tire under the floor in the trunk! That was nice, to have trunk space opened up a bit. A necessity too, since the stroller fits in the back of my car! Yay!!! Granted right now I cannot get it to fit, but that is only because the belly gets in the way (I will have to rely on Brandon). I will have to try again once Nikolai is with us outside my belly! :) We even got the car seat installed! It looks so cute in the back of my car, and only fits in the middle because the handle and everything are a little longer than the space from the back of the front seat to the back seat.  Now, we just need to have it inspected. I have to call and schedule an appointment for that. Just hope that I can remember!

Sunday we had the Baby Shower with friends. Mmm, I was craving peanut butter and chocolate so bad that that week (Reese's were not cutting it). Beth made some yummy puppy chow (muddie buddies) and got this yummy cheesecake! Sandy decorated the cheesecake! :) But taking a small bite of the cheesecake with a puppy chow square, Yum! It was so delicious! A weird combination, I know, but that seemed to satisfy whatever the strange craving I had was having. Hopefully I don't get it again because by the end of Monday (and I didn't realize till it was too late) I had eaten all the rest of the muddie buddies that we had taken home... Ooops...

The shower was fun and enjoyable! I was so happy to see some of my friends together! Brenda and I took a profile belly shot together. It was cute, even though I look a little like I am going to pop! LOL! The diaper cake was super cute! Thanks to Dani for putting it together!  And all the girls for getting the stuff! So cute! I love the little Lamb! So soft! Thanks to Jordan for picking it out! :)  The girls also did pages for the baby book, to help with getting started! The pages all looked so cute! Even Thomas did one! :) That was great, and an awesome idea too! Maybe it will get me started in trying to get the family pages started too. My idea for that, get pictures of family members (and a page devoted to each) so he can see what they were like (at least looked) before he was born and really starts to remember them. Like say each person gets their own page, and places a few photographs between childhood (or whatever is found) and now. Kinda like a family tree, only taking up more space than one page. Maybe I can have a family scrapbooking party and each can do their own page? Hmm.... That will require thinking and planning. None of which I am feeling up to momentarily...

So after the shower I had to organize all the diapers we got! And this is the almost complete stash so far (ranging 1 - 4) in the closet! I guess it doesn't really look like a whole lot, but then again...

And this doesn't even include the newborn sizes that are stashed (more like shoved) in the dresser/changer! Now I just need to find a way to organize all the other baby paraphernalia like the lotions, baby washes, first aid stuff, bottles and other things.  I just don't know where to put it all!

Doctor's visit today...

Ok, so today was an interesting visit. Not because anything is wrong, but because it was the Group B Strep test. No matter how many times you get prodded with a giant Q-Tip like stick, it is still uncomfortable!   Add to it having a med student in there with my doctor and nurse. Doesn't help any... Well, we are just hoping that it comes up negative. I don't want to have to need an IV during labor.  This is one of the things that we cannot control, but is up to waiting... Grr, I am not fond of waiting...

Also, the Doctor attempted to feel Nikolai's position. I say attempted because each time he pressed, Nikolai just moved, and moved away. Evasive little guy! The doctor had to laugh because he was in the process of asking how his moving was going. I guess Nikolai answered the question for him!  So I will be going in for an ultrasound to determine positioning, well more like confirm a head down position, and estimate the weight.  This will be next week. I wanted it in the afternoon as late as I could get it so Brandon could go, but they didn't have any open spots because Thanksgiving is next week! So I had to do with 9 am on a Tuesday morning and poor Brandon! I want him to go but he said, "No, we need the money more than I need to see the ultrasound." :(  Maybe I will have pictures?

At least the heart sounds good, my blood pressure is still wonderful (how does that happen?), and weight gain is still steady. Up 29 pounds. Really? That is so crazy! I have had people tell me I still look good and do not look like I packed on an additional 25+ pounds! I have moments of feeling like a blimp, or a beached whale (like when getting out of bed), but even I don't feel the extra 29 lbs! I feel extra weight, but 29 lbs, wow! Maybe that is a reason the doctor wants to check his weight? Keep your fingers crossed for me come Tuesday! I don't want the doctor to give me a reason to induce early!

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that you get another ultrasound - that will be fun! I love the belly pic we took together - I will send it to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see him one more time before he arrives! It's just too sad Brandon wont be there...

    Yay! I'm glad that it turned out well! I can't wait to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)