Monday, November 29, 2010

The Holiday Season Begins...

... and I get sick... So much for a great weekend...


Well, I have no idea if it was a cold like thing or just allergies. But totally bummed that I missed out on Black Friday shopping! I was looking forward to the insane craziness of door busters and not that great sales (I have never been). Instead I slept all day with breaks to spend time with Brandon and to eat. I'm still congested and blowing my nose constantly, but at least my throat doesn't hurt from the nasty post-nasal drip... Ewwww....

And Brandon had a 4 day weekend! It was so nice to spend time with him! Beth, Jordan and Thomas all came over on Saturday. Jordan and Brandon worked on the xb, Thomas got to play racing games and Beth and I got to go shopping and then play with her cricuit! I have to say that the cricuit is so cool! To bad it is $400!!! I can think of so many things to use it for. Of course that involves scrapbooking, or having a classroom of my own (I could even use it for other peoples classrooms too! Just to be nice of course!). Needless to say we were slightly confused on how to work the thing but it was still fun!

Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was crazy! Woke up to drive to the grocery store in order to purchase the ingredients for Brandon's pasta salad. Once we cooked the salad, off to his Aunt's for his family dinner. It was nice spending time with the many people in his family. It wasn't as big as last years, but it is always so fun! Then off to my dad's grandparent's. Luckily we didn't have to eat there, we were still full from Brandon's aunt's house! After a couple hours there, we were off to my mom's. We had dinner at my mom's, and now I wish we got to take home some of her dressing. Once we got home, we cleaned up our cooking mess from the morning and had Brandon's family over for s'mores and a card game. It was a busy day and a late night. Even if I was feeling better, there would have been no way I would have been able to wake up in time to go shopping! :) But it is all good, because Phillip, Cyndi and Annabelle were in town and Jacqueline stayed down with the kids! :)

Sadly my mind has been on the last doctors appointment and we have been trying what we can to get Nikolai to go head down. I have no idea what position he is in, and am hoping that come tomorrow morning he will be head down. I go into TMC obstetrix office to get an ultrasound down. If he is head down, then hurray! If not, then the doctors will perform the external cephalic version and a non-stress test afterward. I have heard that it hurts and that it is extremely uncomfortable! I am not looking forward to it. Only 60-65% chance that it will be successful! Not to mention he may turn around again later! Plus a chance the umbilical cord can wrap around something and send him into distress, the placenta can tear away from the uterine wall... Hmm, so many chances for so many things to go wrong. I just do not want a Cesarean! I am finishing laundry to place the remaining clothes and such into our hospital bag so that way I can put it into the car. If all goes well tomorrow, then I have the bag packed. If it does not go well tomorrow, then at least I am semi prepared for Nikolai coming.

I just wish this was not as stressful as it has been. I am not really entirely concerned, but at the same time it has been the only thought going through my head. Tomorrow morning, 8:30 am I will be at TMC. Keep your fingers crossed that Nikolai is already head down, or at least will be head down with no problems by the end of my visit there. We are not ready for our little guy just yet, as done as I feel...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cricut!!!! You should look into the little one - you can get it for like $80 now. It's not as versatile as the big one, but still a lot of fun :)

    I hope your appointment goes well! I can totally understand being stressed about it. I'm thinking of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I missed the price on that one! Too bad we are saving for Nikolai and my hospital bill right now.... Hmmm, maybe I can put it on my Christmas wish list! :)

    And thank you for your thoughts!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)