Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Almost...

Never heard back from that job. That is a little depressing. It would have been perfect, part time still teaching and able to actually use my teaching certificate before it expires. Not to mention actually renew it. Bummer...

But Nikolai is making advancements... and I need to get this out before I forget!

 
So I will start with Friday...

We went over to Larry and Shari's for movie night, like we usually do. It was Brooke's birthday this weekend so Jacqueline came down with the kids. It was so nice seeing our niece and nephew! I cannot get over how big they have gotten. It seems that everytime we see them, they get bigger!  It seems that Brooke has grown fast too. She turned 3 this weekend. And Isaac is already 6! Man time flies so fast. Soon, before I know it, Nikolai will be 3, then in grade school, then college! Eeek!

Nikolai had so much fun watching and playing with his two cousins. And it was so funny to watch. Brooke is learning gender association even the her default it female. It is so funny to hear, "her likes me!" when referring to Nikolai. Yeah, she gets corrected, but it is still funny, and so cute! Well, Nikolai, at one point, was hanging around close to them. There was this pillow on the floor, not very high off the ground (maybe 4-6 inches) and he did this push up on in. The kind where it looks like the kid is trying to stand but cannot quite make it the rest of the way up. Well, Nikolai made it the rest of the way up! He stood there a few seconds, put his hands in the air (like saying 'I did it!!!'), stood a few more seconds then fell to his bottom! I am so proud of him! It made me tear up to see that! My little boy is growing up so fast!

Saturday we had Jordan, Beth and Thomas over. Jordan and Brandon were working on painting interior parts for Jordan's car (which had been one disaster after another for them and I feel bad). Then we went to Little Anothony's for their car show they have on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. There was a pretty big turn out. And they had the classic car I want to get, a '37 for four door, (eventually, if ever) except it was a two door and did not have the fenders(the best part I think). Anyway. We had dinner there and I figured I would give Nikolai the chance to maybe try out a straw. After a little bit, he got it! He drank quite a bit of water! I was so impressed. It was maybe a sip for us adults, but for a little mouth and little belly, it was a lot! I think this helped him with the sippy cup because earlier this week, he managed a few sips out of his sippy cup!

So Nikolai is on his way to being a walker. And he will be soon, I know, and every one tells me so...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)