Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's Been a While...


Almost 2 weeks... Things have been crazy! But I am excited that I finally have internet access here at the house! Yay! We don't have everything officially moved from the old place yet, but we do have everything out of the house. Now it is just yard ... cars and car parts and everything cars, well at least as it seems anyway. I am We are not yet done unpacking. I am finally starting to feel mostly better from being sick since the 23rd of February. But that also means I have a done of catch-up at work to do including IEP meetings and 2 new students to do transfer meetings for... Eeek! So much! Thank goodness Spring Break starts Saturday! :)

 
I have been craving Jimmy John's sandwiches. But not just any sandwich: Turkey, avacado, sprouts, cucumber, swiss, mayonnaise on a multigrain bread or sourdough. Too bad sprouts are currently under recall or something for e-coli... It happened when I was pregnant with Nikolai too, except with spinach. I did sourdough with baby bell creamy swiss and corned beef and it was soo good! I got a couple of funny looks from people at work though... I want to see if we can cure our own meet so that way we don't have to wait till this time of year to buy a corned beef brisket.
 
I am loving this house! I have already used the bath tub, (how can one not resist a relaxing bath?) and My kitchen is slowely but surely getting out away! I would not have been able to get nearly as much done without Brandon's mom doing all that she has done! It has been an incredible help! We have a new bed! A queen (yay for a little more moving room) and is a foam bed like the temperpedic but it is a serta. I love the bed. I think it has been the best few nights sleep I have had in a while. But it doesn't help that Nikolai has been waking up at wee hours in the morning....
 
Anyway. Nikolai LOVES the new bath tub too! It really is his first 'bath' outside the baby tub which might be part of it. I say 'bath' because that kiddo likes showers too. Anything with bubbles and water and he seems pretty happy. He also loves his big 'Dinosaur' towel. He has to show each of us how cute he is when he is wearing it! I think that is too funny! But he is stinking cute. He roars too when he has it on and just laughs! He thinks that he is just a riot! I love it! And he is so small in that gigantic tub!

We are so excited about this next little one being a girl too! We do not have any names picked out yet, but have come across some that we like. I am excited to be doing another nursery, though it will probably be super simple. I have been pinning ideas for a quilt, though we may just get her a bedding set because I have no energy to make a bumper or anything. Not to mention my craft room has once again become storage, and storage of the last few boxes that were not labelled. So I have no idea what is in there.
 
Back to the baby (23 weeks today!), I am thinking of doing her room in purple and tree frog green. I am no fan of pink and thought purple is girly. Why does girl stuff usually have to be pink? And I am digging polka-dots and chevron patterns. I am thinking of doing a rail fence block laid out like the chevron. Brandon likes it better than plain chevron. But then there is the chunky chevron quilt block that I got from last year's Craftsy Block of the Month with Amy Gibson from Stitchery Dickory Dock... Or...There is a bedding set at Babies-R-Us that we like and we could leave the room blue. But that is part of the fun of preparing for a baby, painting a bedroom! Tree frog green was Annie's idea and I simply love that color combo, and Brandon seemed pretty happy with it. We will see if anything comes of the planning and dreaming I am doing now.
 
 
I did buy her first outfits though (not her first ones she will be wearing either). I could not resist. I was out buying Nikolai a pair of pajamas (it was a twofer. I love those) and saw these super cute outfits on sale! I love sales! Nikolai picked out the ones with the elephants. just now as I was pulling up this picture he said, "awe, how cute!" in that cutsie way that adults usually do. I am hoping that he is excited about having a little sister, even if right now he doesn't understand...
 
I think for now this is all that I have to say. I am excited for Spring Break. Gonna see friends, spend time with family, unpack and probably end up getting caught up on work...
 
Enjoy the beginnings of Spring soon to come if it's not upon you already! :)

1 comment:

  1. can I use your picture of your son in the bathtub for a school presentation? It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)