Monday, March 30, 2015

A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

My best friend's little boy is has turned 3. 3! Why do children grow up so fast?!?

I love giving them clothes for their birthdays and making them is so special. I love them so dearly! Last year I made him some super hero shirts and some dressier shorts. 

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

This year my dear friend said he needed pajamas for the summer. Perfect opportunity to sew up the awesome Jean and Jamey Jammies by GYCT Designs (affiliate)! You can see my last post on them for my own kids here.

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

I also wanted to try my hand at the Alex and Anna Summer Pjs by Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop (affiliate). With our summers, I thought some sleeveless options would be nice too. I made the sleeveless shirt to mix and match.

The first set of GYCT Design's Jean and Jamey Jammies (affiliate) I did just normal. No modifications or embellishments. Seriously, these are just super cute as the pattern pieces call for.

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

The fabric is super soft and the shorts were fun with the spaceship on it.

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

I couldn't decide what fabric to use for the shorts, blue or spaceship... The second GYCT Designs J&J shorts (affiliate) I added a band to the hem finished about an inch in length...

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

I think it added a great touch to the applique fussy cut space ship on the sleeveless Alex and Anna Summer Pjs by Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop (affiliate) and the binding made with the space fabric.

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies


So, I decided to do some mix and match jammies for him. You know the kind you buy at the store that has 3 or 4 pieces? Granted she wanted only short sleeve and shorts. So I used this opportunity to use my fabric and create a mix and match set using my favorite pj pattern Jean and Jamey Jammies and the Alex and Anna Summer Pjs.

A couple more of the shirt.

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

Berry Bunch: A Gift: Mix It Up Jammies

What is your 'go to' summer pajama pattern for your kids or yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)