Monday, May 2, 2011

Stepping it Up

These last few days I have been attempting to build up my milk supply and have no idea if it has helped any, if it has worked at all. I have been making sure and doing my best to feed Nikolai every two hours and from each side. I sure hope this has helped, and I got to make sure I do this every day until his doctor's appointment at the end of this month.

I have been stressing out about this whole feeding thing. We never really had a problem. It's just I was concerned even before the doctors appointment because I hadn't felt let down for a few days. So after the doctors appointment, I figured I needed to try to vamp it up...

It took two days for me to feel the let down every time I fed Nikolai, and then this morning, he sleeps for 12 hours and I wake up engorged and in pain. Go figure. I had to pump and was nervous about it. Either my pump is loosing its oomph, or I have air leaks in the cups. I don't know, but I didn't want to have to sit and figure it out just to feel some relief. They actually worked pretty well, thankfully, because they haven't been. Maybe they only work when I am full, or maybe it is just that I need that extra little bit to draw anything out... Hmm... Anyway, today has been stressful because Nikolai hasn't seemed to get enough, which means he has been sleeping a lot and I have been feeding him every hour.

This whole feeding thing stressed me out this weekend because I had not the time for anything else it seemed. I had spent 2.5 hours at babies-r-us getting our cousin her baby shower gift (girls clothes are SO fun to buy) and I had to stop my shopping to feed Nikolai 2 times (once when we got there and once a little before we left)! I just hope that it is doing some good...

Our cousin's shower was fun. I am glad Nikolai and I went. It was good to see family and the mommy-to-be is so cute! I am excited for her and can't wait to see her little girl when she gets here! :) Yvette took some really cute pictures of Nikolai, she does a great job with the camera and they turned out beautiful!

I know I am biased, but I think I have a darn cute little boy...



2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)