Monday, June 18, 2012

Labyrinth Lap-Quilt Top

I have finished the labyrinth quilt top for a lap sized quilt and I thought the border was too dark as I was putting it on but now that it is pieced, I really like it! Cannot wait to get it sandwiched and quilted! I just don't have enough backing for it. :( It only took me about a week to put together. I am so proud of myself! The fastest I have put together a top! It is the first pattern/layout/ truly planned quilt I have done. I love the way that it looks!





I got the pattern from my mom who purchased it from Keepsake Quilting. The pattern comes with directions for 4 different sized quilts. Very nice. We picked out the fabrics that I had left over from my band quilt (did not use much of what I had originally purchased) about a week ago Sunday. I love the colors, the way they work together and just how well it turned out! So excited!
It had a lot of points and that was pretty difficult in piecing the whole thing, but the solid parts and half square triangles went together pretty quickly. I took photos of it as I put this thing together. So excited and want to share!!! :)

Here are a few of laying them out on my project wall...






Piecing the points...




Sewing on the Border...




And again, the final picture of the Top...