Thursday, June 28, 2012

18 Months

I cannot believe he is 1.5 years old already! He doesn't seem so much like a baby anymore and is such a little toddler, temper tantrums and all! I know I have probably said so many times that he isn't like a baby anymore, but he has been more and more like a toddler every day! Lately things are either cold, cute or cool. Things that he is not supposed to do he says, "it's fun". For things he doesn't want he just repeats, "no, no, no" and then comes the hitting. He has gotten better about the hitting though. That is, until Brandon gets home. At least the doctor (visited 6-22) is impressed. :)


Aside from weight that is... He has grown almost 3 inches in the last 3 months! Now, I don't know if that is normal at this age, but that is some crazy growth! He is only 4 inches from 3 feet tall. That did not seem to impress the doctor, he didn't really talk about that at all but it sure did impress me!

Nikolai has finally broken 20 pounds! 20.2 pounds! Hurrah! This is where the doctor was concerned. He kinda dropped from rate of growth there, again. The doctor asked, again, if he seemed to eat enough. How do you answer a question like that? I have been considering this question and it almost seems like a loaded question. Of course he seems to eat enough! He eats when he says that he is hungry, and he lets me know when he is done. The only things he really doesn't eat is bell peppers and bananas. When he eats, he eats a lot and it seems he eats almost all the time. Maybe it wouldn't seem like it because he eats meals so close together, but then again he eats a lot. So yeah, I think he eats enough.

The doctor was impressed with his word count (being well over 50) and the fact that he is starting to say at least two words at a time. Nikolai was telling me 'eat' in the exam room. I was flustered because all I had was snacks. When I went to offer him his snacks he shook his head no and repeated 'eat'. While saying 'eat' he patted the chair I was sitting in. Then I realized it. He wanted to sit in the seat! I laughed, Nikolai nodded that was what he wanted and climbed into the chair the moment I got out of it. He sat up in the chair and said, "I funny". And then laughed. I asked him, "you're funny?" and he nods his head. The doctor got a kick out of it. I guess that is advanced for average kids his age.

I am proud of my little boy, as any parent should be proud of their children. Now if only he would nap in this humid heat. Hurrah for swamp coolers during the monsoon season....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)