Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Progression Depression

Well got back from the doctor's office today and the word on dilation and effacement is...


No current dilation. Though, he did say my cervix was starting to thin, so hurray for limited effacement. No percentage amount at all, but at least something is happening versus nothing at all! I at least have to be happy about that!

On the way home I stopped by Trader Joe's, because I thought that dark chocolate covered edamame sounds so good! But I will wait a little before diving into the tub of those. Luckily I can only eat a few at a time. I also stopped by Summit Hut and got some electrolyte replenishing stuff (VitaLyte and Elixer). I bought a couple different kinds, in hopes that the flavor and whatnot works while at the hospital. Anything to avoid an IV! One of the things I bought is by Camelbak, and even if I don't use that one, it is made to work with a water pack. So we can use them for hiking later! :) Gotta love multi-usable products. And, I stopped by 17th Street Market to get some honey sticks. Maybe that might help give a quick blood sugar boost during labor too? At least that is what I have been told. But depending on how things go, who knows...

The hospital bags are mostly packed and ready to go. The only things we are missing is the camera, the camcorder, perhaps my computer (that way we can upload pictures from my camera) and some games/book for me. Sadly the memory cards do not hold that many pictures and I do not want to miss a moment because I ran out of memory! Who knows what will take place after Nikolai is born. Brandon may need to accompany him to the nursery, and that leaves me with nothing to do. So that is reason for a card game (or a book of games) and/or a book to read.  We are using our two diaper bags we got, figured there is no need to pack a huge thing. Hopefully we will only be there for the 24 hours, but ya never know. Now I think putting them in the car is a good idea, so we don't have to worry about that later...

9 days left... My next appointment is again on a Tuesday. We will see how things go until then! It's right around the corner. I am getting excited! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow - bags packed and everything! Super exciting! Hopefully you progress a lot by Tuesday - who knows - it can happen really fast!

    I'm intrigued - dark ghocolate edamame sounds gross but now I kind of want to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are keeping our fingers crossed that something does happen by Tuesday...

    I didn't know how it would taste. But I like the chocolate covered soybeans in the planter's energy nut mix. It is kinda like those only yummier! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)