Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Little Bit of Reality... Needing Some Quality 'Me' Time... {The Orange Rhino: 30 Challenge to Stop Yelling}

I love my kids so much! But, these last few days have been so hard! I'm a yell-er. I didn't used to be until after I had started working. I thought it would go away once I stopped working... it didn't... I don't like it... I hate it...

Nikolai is taking every toy away from Samara when she starts playing...
Samara has not been napping well. That makes for one cranky and tired baby...
Nikolai refuses to nap and has been giving me attitude/back talking...

The only ounce of me (by myself, alone) time I have is in the evening, after everyone has gone to bed when it is late. Or a rush to the grocery store because we need something. Then, I'm in a rush to try and make the most out of my me time that it becomes more stressful than relaxing...

I have gone a week without showering! Yuck! At least I have clean clothes...

My phone has not been working (not charging and wont turn on) so I haven't even really been able to have a good conversation with a friend in almost a week. I miss a good convo with a friend...

Mostly, I usually only get out of the house is to run errands (grocery shopping)...

If you haven't noticed, I am feeling the need for some 'me' time, time with friends, or just peace without children. I feel like I am on the verge of a break down. Unfortunately, it is real and hiding it is not healthy. So I am trying to get it out and just not sit down and cry...


Today (Day 17) of the Orange Rhino, 30 day challenge to not yell at your kids, is to make goals to take care of yourself...

My Daily goals:
- eat breakfast (you think it would be easy... but I need to remember coffee is not breakfast)
- read a book or a chapter, or even half a chapter, just to read some for me
- go to bed earlier than 2am 

Short term goal:
- get a haircut (I want it short, it would be a bit of a drastic change though) *feedback?

Long term goal:
- take photography classes and/or clothing pattern drafting classes (a maybe because of expense)
-or-
- get together with a friend for coffee or lunch or something (no kids) at least quarterly


What are your goals for yourself? How do you make sure that you take care of you? How do you get some quality 'me' time in?

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm with you! I love being a SAHM and I know it's the best thing for my kids, but some days I wish I had a "real" job just so I could talk to other adults and get away from the boys for a while! Being a mommy is definitely the hardest job I've ever had, mainly cause it's 24/7. No help from me, just some consolation - you're not alone :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe!! Definitely the hardest job! and the most exhausting! But it is totally worth it, even if it is extremely stressful every now and then! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)