Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Diamond-y EPP Blog Hop: English Paper Piecing: All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland


I signed up to review a new book coming out and creating an English Paper Piece project. The book is All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland of Crafty Pod. Check out the book's website here! My project, a color order 6 point star turned into a case for our chromebook (which, now at this point, is just a 6 point star).

The Book:


I seriously love it. All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland is informative, but not overly so. It is great for those who have not ever done English Paper Piecing before, but also those that have. From great tips to creating your own projects to troubleshooting issues with stitches and suggestions for each shape, it is a great book for all levels. As she states in the book, she doesn't want a collection of patterns because she wants it to be a resource for the reader to use and to create their own projects. There are images of projects made though so you can see so many different ways to use paper piecing.

As I have only made a couple applique pieces using hexagons I was totally excited to read the book (so helpful) and make something using a different shape.

While making my project, I seriously referenced this book constantly! Loved it!

The Project:

The Diamond-y EPP Blog Hop: English Paper Piecing: All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland

I decided to make a 6 point star in color order and turn it into a sleeve/case for our chromebook. so far I was able to complete the star, but I cannot wait to turn it into a sleeve for the chromebook! I love how it looks and have been admiring it all day today (literally, I cannot believe that I made this)!

The Diamond-y EPP Blog Hop: English Paper Piecing: All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland

I used fabrics from my stash and used some tips in the book for using my finished star piece in this project. In the book she talks about fabric choice as well, and I have to say... I wish I had more solid colors in my stash, because this star would be even more stunning!

The Diamond-y EPP Blog Hop: English Paper Piecing: All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland

And one more. I almost just want to make a pillow, or a trivet, or something else besides a chromebook sleeve with this. But, I had bought these little 4x6 photo containers for scrabooking kind of like this one here (only half the size) and it holds small EPP projects to go just perfectly!

The Diamond-y EPP Blog Hop: English Paper Piecing: All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland

Check out these other lovely ladies as they post their diamond projects!

Also, there is a giveaway that Clover has jumped in to do too!

international entries allowed
Giveaway ends Midnight on Sunday, June 14th
Happy Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)