Friday, March 2, 2018

Minecraft Inspiration: Boys Can Wear Pink Series 4

Welcome to my stop on the Boy's Can Wear Pink tour! Can you believe this is season 4? Incredible, right? It's our 4th year participating in the tour! Check out our other boys can wear pink posts here, here and here!


Seriously, it was the very beginning of January and little man came up to me. Mom, I don't want to do a 'wear pink' this year. Broke my momma heart! I look forward to this every year! (so far my favorite is season two).  So, of course, I ask him why. "I don't know, I just don't like pink". Heartbroken and still wondering why he doesn't like pink, I left it at that. At the end of January, we were getting into brainstorming the valentines box this year and he is non-stop talking about Minecraft. All the characters. And I wondered what he would think of a pig shirt. Simple, light pink with the face of a Minecraft pig on the front. He was excited! "And we could do the tail and ears on the back!"

Berry Bunch - Boys Can Wear Pink Season 4

Score one for mom! We are still going strong! Pattern used was the Vintage V-Neck by BlankSlate Patterns.

And, as it turns out you can't really see the ears on the pig. At least not according to any of the pictures after performing a google search. So we went will simple freezer paper stencils (I have yet to jump on the vinyl bandwagon with a cutter like a new cricut or silhouette.)  The pig face truely is both amusing and terrifying. And the fabric? Light pink was not sufficient.

Berry Bunch - Boys Can Wear Pink Season 4

 Little man helped iron on the freezer paper and did the painting himself. I think it adds to the character of the shirt. Not to mention the pixelation of the game itself. Kind of?

Berry Bunch - Boys Can Wear Pink Season 4

We had a nice conversation about the color pink and how it is just a color. By picking inspiration that intrigues and he is interested in the color has become one for boys. I couldn't imagine having this kind of conversation with him 4 years ago, I was hoping he would always enjoy the color. At least, for now, he understands that it is not a 'girl's color' but just a color.

Berry Bunch - Boys Can Wear Pink Season 4

He told me the fabric choice was perfect (it was out of the stash) and he was glad he decided that one instead of the light pink.

Berry Bunch - Boys Can Wear Pink Season 4

He tells me, "anyone can wear pink mom, even you!"

Berry Bunch - Boys Can Wear Pink Season 4

I love this kid...

Berry Bunch - Boys Can Wear Pink Season 4

Check out these other awesome posts in this incredible series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)