Friday, October 8, 2010

Innevitable Weight Gain

Tuesday we had our Bradley Class, and the focus was ... Nutrition! I know I am not eating the greatest of things, or in the right quantities. I really haven't been all that concerned about my weight gain either. I had my doctors appointment Wednesday and the total gain to this point...

I wonder why there is the limit on weight gain. Granted, for some people, they may need restrictions and constant reminders about what to eat. But as long as we eat the right foods in the right amounts, that should be more important than the weight we have gained. Like in our Bradley Class, it was mentioned we should have at least 2 eggs a day. This is because of the nutritional quality in an egg. We have even been buying Egglands Best because of the omega-3's and vitamins in the egg. But really, I do not like eggs! I don't think there is anyway I can eat two everyday! You can only have scrambled eggs every morning for so long. I think any kind of egg other than fully cooked (with the salmonella going on right now) is not a good idea. So that leaves out over easy on a pancake... And I can't do egg salad anymore, not after I found my dead fish while eating an egg salad sandwich. It took a while even to be able to pull off eating scrambled!

So, we had our sheets of food tracking for the last 3 weeks (and there were some days I just forgot) turned in, and watched a short video about eating healthy. I do not eat enough fruits and vegetables. I know that. But at least I eat enough protein. Apparently, a study done in England revealed that pregnant women who did not get enough protein in their diet were at higher risk of pre-eclampsia! I had no idea, and don't remember that being mentioned in our nutrition class at PCC. But, I think I am good in that area, having enough protein and so far, none of those symptoms!

My doctors appointment was Wednesday. My total weight gain count so far is up to...
17 pounds! (& measured 30 cm!)  That is up 0 lbs from my last appointment 2 weeks ago. The doctor says I am doing great, I just hope that I have been doing enough for Nikolai with my every so often fruits and veges, and only 17 pounds gained. At least I eat more fruits and veges than one a week, though less than the recommended amount of servings every day. I just need to remember, more (5) mini meals every day, fitting in those 2 eggs, and more fruits and veges. Then, maybe, I wont be as hungry as I have been too....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)