Friday, March 25, 2011

Roll Over Rover...

Nikolai rolled over today! I am so proud of my little boy! And, he did not do it off of me, he did it on his play gym. He only did it once, and I did try a few times.

He had cat-napped on his side and woke up quietly. So I decided to roll him the rest of the way onto his tummy. He didn't fuss, didn't cry or even throw a fit. He actually smiled at me, all the while holding his little head up high! I was so happy the was smiling and not crying!

So of course I had to grab the camera and snap pictures before his little head fell to the ground. Normally, the reason I run and grab my camera is done and over with by the time the camera is ready. But not today! Nope, his little head was still high! So after taking a few pictures I decide to entice him with his rattle from the gym. I call him Mr. Turtle (maybe I should call him crush? LOL)... Anyway, I thought he might roll towards the rattle, and he did! He even smiled at me after he rolled over!

I felt the tears welling up in my eyes as I quickly grabbed my phone to text Brandon the news. I am so proud!


2 comments:

  1. Yea!!!!! So exciting! Nikolai is adorable! (and even more so in person!) I am so proud of him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far he has rolled over a total of 5 times. 1 on friday and 4 on saturday. If only I can get him to do it more often!

    Thanx Brenda! I think so to, but then I am biased...

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)