Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fingers Crossed and Cleaning...

I am so excited about Friday! I am bummed about today, but it ended well. I need to do so much work in the house for a party from 2 months from now. Why do I do this to myself? Oh yeah, I get stir crazy and then everything I do to keep from going insane happens all at once. I think I need to learn moderation...


I will start with today...

I got a phone call this morning to go into work (sub). I don't like accepting jobs because it is a pain in the but to cancel if I cannot get someone to watch Nikolai. So I called Brandon's Mom (closer) and she had to work but could reschedule if I could not get my Dad to watch him. My Dad could but when I called the sub-line, the job was no longer available. So I missed out on a day of work...

But, Carol and I went to Teaching Stuff so she could get some paper and I used a gift card (it expired a couple of months ago but they reactivated for just the day). I am such a nerd, I love that store! So much teaching stuff under one roof! They don't have my classroom "theme" that I want to do. But then again, it is in my own head. I may just need to make it myself. That is if I get a classroom of my own. I probably wont for a while though...

This leads me to Friday...

I have a meeting with the hiring team at Coyote Trail for a part-time teaching position for special education! I am so excited because it is part time, it is teaching and it is Learning Disabilities (like dyslexia, dyscalculia, etc...). It may be an inclusion, co-teaching model developed by my old instructor from NAU, but I am still excited! Maybe I will get my own classroom, though I doubt it for part time. So excited!!!

October 15th...

 I am having a jewelry party! So far, what I have seen, I really like the jewelry. I like jewelry though. Not so gaudy, but some chunky, some simple. I won a bracelet at the party I went to last weekend. I love the bracelet! I use it to remind myself what side I fed Nikolai on last (thanks to the suggestion from Yvette)! And it is beautiful! :)

Sad thing is that I need to clean the house. It is gross, a mess, and just dirty. I haven't done anything almost this whole month! Nikolai has been a handful, not happy unless he is walking! I have been trying to build my portfolio and that has been taking up a lot of time, and I am not even close to being done! I think I might just give up...

I have been working on the invitations for this party though. They aren't going to be anything super extravagant. I think I am going to mail them to those that don't have facebook, and the rest that do have facebook get an event invite. It's just easier and I don't have many people's emails so e-vite is out of the question.

I hope people come. It would be nice to be around friends. I just hope that I don't get the invites out too late that people don't go or too early that they forget...

Until then, I am going to be cleaning and hopefully getting a part time job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)