Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend in Heber, AZ

So a week ago, Brandon and I packed clothes, games, fishing poles, sleeping bags, pillows, a pack'nplay and Nikolai into the car. We were only gone for 2.5 days, but it was a nice get away. Granted it did not rain and it was slightly warmer than I had hoped it would be, but it was nice all the same. It was good to spend time with members of Brandon's family with whom we do not normally spend time. Nikolai, as we have soon discovered, does not enjoy the car as much as he did on our previous trip. Of course, this time we had more ups and downs to drive through!


We arrived at Brandon's Aunt and Uncle's Log Home around 10 ish Friday night. It was later than we actually arrived there because we could not find which house it was! Turns out, their driveway is on the street the meets with their actual address. That was a little crazy, but funny.

We went fishing on Saturday at Willow Springs Lake for a short period of time. The birds caught more fish than we did (which was 0)...




Osprey, a little hard to see...

Sunday we took some little walking hikes to see some pictographs. The second stop on this 'historic' road where we walked I stayed in the car and fed Nikolai, but I did hear a bear grunting. It was a little bit scary because I had the car door open to allow air current. Didn't see one, but it was still a little scary. I remember thinking about what I would do if I actually saw one, would I be able to get to the door fast enough? I figured I would let my maternal protection instincts to allow me to get to the open car door. It was too hot to leave it closed...








We left Sunday night a little later than anticipated, Brandon forgot his sunglasses, which I don't think we have found. We got into Tucson around 10, but went to feed Carol's animals so didn't get home until after 11.


I am glad we went! I think this will be one of our last trips for this year! School has started in Sahuarita and starts this Monday for TUSD and I have applied for a subbing job in TUSD. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)