Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tough, Difficult Week...

There is no other way to say that. This week has just been one kind of week that I honestly feel I could have done without. That is aside from a few things. I could have done without a lot of it.
I feel that I need to get it out today. Vent it out. Let it go. Release the tension, stress, anxiety and everything else that went on this week.
Take into consideration my work schedule is 7:50-12:30 Monday through Thursday...

I guess I could start with Monday. I got into work at 6:45am.  I had a 7am IEP meeting where the parent had these lines on her mouth that looked like my mom's tell tale angry 'don't mess with me' lines and a scar in almost exactly the same spot. Scary! What a way to begin the week! Not to mention the mental/emotional havoc it wreaked on me! I knew it wasn't that, but I couldn't help it. I tried everything in my power to not react! I think I left this school pretty late. Well, almost 2. (7.25 hrs, 15 minutes short of a normal teacher's full day; 3hrs 5 more than my time)
Tuesday was a wonderful meeting for a fantastic student, can't you hear the sarcasm dripping from my mouth with this statement? It was an afternoon conference type meeting. Didn't leave the school till almost 4 that day. The meeting was stressful. One of those things where it just reminds you that college really is just bare basics and you really don't have a single clue what it is that you are doing. (8 hrs 10 minutes - 40 minutes more than a full-time teacher's day; 4hrs over)
Wednesday wasn't much better with behavior. In fact, I think it was worse. More reinforcement that I have no idea what it is that I am doing. But on a side note, at least I can fake it pretty well. Fake it till you make it, right? There was another meeting today with the superintendent. Not so bad. I got to see our aide and her beautiful grandson. He is adorable, and a reason for her retiring. Not to say I cannot blame her. I left this day at 4 again. At least this day I took out about 45 minutes and treated myself to a hamburger at Chili's. Sad that it was such a needed thing. And so good too! (7hrs 25 minutes - 5 minutes short of a normal teacher's work day; 3 hrs 15 minutes over)
Thursday, today, I made it out around 1:15. Thankfully. Finally a more normal day. I pretty much tried to rush my way out the door. I could have made it out sooner had something not required me to talk to principal. (45 minutes past my end time)
I am not entirely looking forward to tomorrow. 30 minutes of training. 30 minutes of my volunteering time. No pay, no compensation. How can this be right? (another 30 minutes more, really?)
I am a little frustrated because I am expected to write IEPs and hold their meetings when my contract time is strictly with children. How does that work? How is that right? I think I may need to talk about this with someone. I know I would have to put in extra time. Teacher's can't do their job with the time they are given. But almost working full time hours at half time pay? I feel a little peeved this week. (11hrs 35 minutes over - almost 3 of my work days)
Thanks for letting me vent. Reminder: don't take it all too seriously as I am taking things extremely personal for me because of my frustration. And, I don't really have anyone I can talk to beside writing it here on the blog.
Thanks for reading and thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)