Monday, October 1, 2012

A shawl...

I am late posting an update on UFOs... Only because I was so busy yesterday with my Mom working on a little something special and we also did the BOM's October Block, Friendship Circle. Paper Piecing! :)
 
And, I actually haven't even touched another project really. Well, aside from planning out the blanket I wanted to use the jelly roll for, you can read more on that here.

I actually need to finish the shawl I am making for me to wear at my cousin's wedding. Since it is in Maryland and I have purchased this super cute dress that is more suitable for weather here in southern Arizona! Eeek! But I am doubling the yarn so it should be warmer, and what is better than wrapping yourself up in a blanket? Don't worry. I will bring pants to change into in case I feel I get too cold. Especially since we have still had 100 degree weather! October, bring on the coolness, please!

I do not have any pictures of the shawl at the moment though. I should probably go get it since I need to have it finished before Friday! Another Eeek!

And I did happen to notice that over at Ellison Lane Quilts, she is having a scrappy stash quilt along! I would love to participate in that, but I am not so sure about starting another project, especially since I still have to touch my unfinished objects! But it looks like so much fun!
 
Ellison Lane Quilts

Until next week, I might not really have any opportunity to touch anything except the shawl, and some projects will just have to wait as we are *hoping* to hear from the bank about an offer we made on a house. Arg, short sales! The seller's accepted the offer, now we are just waiting on their loan company's approval. I hope it happens fast so we can keep a good interest rate...
 
My listed UFO's pretty much have remained the same.
 
To the rest of you, Happy Crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)