Friday, August 30, 2013

Just Wanted to Share... Household Budgeting System from A Bowl Full of Lemons

I had been searching for a different way to budget for a while. If you follow me on Pinterest, you have probably seen some of the stuff I have pinned about budgeting.

I have wanted to make this wallet for the last 8 months. But I don't have the zippers nor have I taken the time to sit down and make it... But then, what good is it going to do for me without actually doing that type of budgeting? I used to do that way back before I met Brandon, but then stopped (why I have no idea). I needed to improved the system I had been using, but wasn't sure how.

Me, being the type of person I am, have to share this with you!

I needed something beside the disorganized excel worksheets I had been using with numbers everywhere. Brandon couldn't make sense of it, it was just chaos. I am not an organized person. I have been trying to get better if you follow me on Instagram you've seen some of my attempts with the craft room and the office.

Well... I found this (in my opinion) an awesome walk-through for budgeting. And because I am just so excited about it (even Brandon has been involved with it), I thought I should share it with all of you!


Now, I made my own pages on word and did not buy hers, though it wouldn't have taken nearly as long if I had but not necessary.

We've been using this for a few weeks now (get paid weekly), and I am just excited that Brandon has even been involved!

*update 2/16/2014: we have been using this budgeting system for 6 months. I love it! We were late almost every bill when we first started. Now, we have paid off 3 sources of debt and are working on school loans and then will be almost debt free aside from the mortgage! We are switching from weekly pay to bi-weekly pay in a few weeks and without having a decent budget in place we would have been in trouble! But thanks to this we will be ok! I love being able to pay down debt! It is such a great feeling!*

I just wanted to share (I know, I have said this so many times) because I am just so excited about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)