Monday, March 21, 2011

A Joyous Outburst




Nikolai had a giggle of a laugh for the first time today!



I was getting ready to change his diaper and he was just smiling and cooing away at response to me. So I decided to start making faces and I clicked my tongue. He seemed to get a kick out of that and smiled with a loud "ahooh". So I figured I would give something else a go to his already happy demeanor. I blew raspberries on his tummy. He seemed to find that tickled a lot! He didn't all out laugh, but he sure did giggle after each time.

I did this at a time that Brandon normally walks in the door, but he had taken my car to the back to air up a tire. Sadly, he missed this. So before getting Nikolai ready for bed, I told Brandon what I did and he should do it too, and Nikolai giggled again a few times. It was so cool to hear his little giggle! :)

When I first heard his little giggle laugh, I felt like I was going to cry. I think my eyes started to tear up, but not a sad feeling it is such a great feeling. I cannot wait to hear that sound again, and for an all out laugh. But the giggle was just great!

I can't believe he is going to be 3 months tomorrow!

New Mommy Realization # 17... Your baby's laugh is the most precious sound in the world, and this first will make you cry.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even tell you how many times Aurora has made me happy cry - I totally know where you are coming from :) That is so cool that you got to hear Nikolai's giggle - how precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)