Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The 'Alphabet' Songs

Today, I pretty much repeated the alphabet over and over again today. Only one thing, I didn't sing it the normal way every single time.

We also are borrowing a standing, walker toy thing that is kinda like an exersaucer but the seat swivels and moves forward and backward over these giant piano keys. The piano keys make noise when pressed or stepped on. We also spent a lot of time playing with that today.

The alphabet is pretty easy to make go with any song. I had found a version online that had stated it went to the music of 'Frère Jacques'. It was a video version and I wish I could find it again. It was different and fun to sing to Nikolai.

So today I started trying to figure out what else I could put the words to. Besides, it's not like the way we normally sing it is original, it's just to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". I started singing "Mary had a Little Lamb" to get the flow down, and put the alphabet song to that. Nikolai started smiling and talking, so I thought it was pretty cool.

Brandon was sitting on the sofa playing on the XBox, and I asked him what other kid songs there are. For some reason the only other song I could think of was "Row the Boat". It held his attention again. I think I might do this again, just not too soon or Nikolai might get bored with it. I will just have to find some other songs to sing the alphabet to.

It is fun finding different ways to sing the alphabet. I will say, it is not the easiest thing to do! Yeah, the alphabet is easy; but doing it to a different tune, and trying to think of how the tune goes with keeping up with the letters, that is a little difficult. But thinking it through is fun! And for a while, Nikpolai seems to enjoy it too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)