Thursday, April 19, 2012

PaciPouch

Yeah, I found this pacifier pouch idea online while skimming through something; Pinterest.com, Craftsy.com... I have no idea. But I loved it and immediately thought of one of my best friends that was supposed to have a baby at the end of March. (at the time it was spring break which was in the middle of March). So, I just had to try it! And, the best part was that it didn't take very long at all! I could totally knock out a ton of these in a day! :)


Allicrafts.blogspot.com
This is a picture that I had come across on Alli Crafts. They are super cute and the pattern she offers is free!

She gives two different directions for these two different picifier pouches and they are both just so super cute. I kinda went with the one on the left, but altered it a little bit. I also worked it so the outside of the pouch was on the inside and I turned it inside out when I was done. :) I just wish I took pictures for each step. I am gonna have to try this again! :)

I started with the same hook size that she used (5mm) and chained 11. I worked the pouch in the round and did not turn, but that is what I think she said to do for the directions. When starting the first round I added an extra hdc (half-double crochet) stitch in the 2nd chain from the hook and only on the back side of the loop (not the whole thing). So an increase stitch 2nd chain from the hook, and hdc for 9. I then continued the round but adding another incr st and doing this through the other side of the loop, join. This created a sort of 'bottom' for the pouch and it stood fairly well! :)

For the next round (you should have 22 stitches) I did the same thing but with adding in another color (drapping along the outside/will be inside). I chained one and continued with 2-hdc in 2nd chain from hook, hdc until the turn and then doing another incr hdc. I continued the round and joined.

I did another two rows without increases and just hdc. On row 5 I did a decrease stitch in the second ch from hook, and again at the turn. and the same on row 6. row 7 was without decreases. I added a slip stitch around the rim before adding the button closure. The yarn left over from the slip stitch was used to create the loop at the end and I combined the two colors, just chaining then joining to the pouch to make the loop.

For the button closure I found the center, added in the yarn and tieing it off. I ch 1 and added 2 hdc. turned this, added an increase and continued untill the desired length to reach and cover a button. My button whole was a little off, but to emphasize that it was for a button I just used a needle and wrapped some yarn around the desired place for the opening. I then also slip stitched around the closure, tieing off the yarn and weaving any stray ends in. I then turned the pouch inside out and then added the button. I am proud of it. I think it turned out well.

If you plan on doing this, I know my directions are kind of funky. So check out alli's tutorial. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)