Sunday, September 2, 2012

Nikolai's Quilt

Nope. It is not yet finished. Still rolled up and waiting to be quilted...

Here it is from January before I officially moved it off of the project wall, layered it with batting and the backing, only to have rolled it up and let it sit in the craft room for the last 8 months...


Which is where it currently now resides as I gather my courage to unroll, smooth it out and begin the quilting...


This was the whole reason to work on those placemats. I know exactly what I am going to do with the inner part of this sampler. It is just getting the motivation to do it. I am ready to have some of the room back in the craft room, and ready to have this used by my little man. :) Maybe having shared this with you will give me some needed courage to start.

Now to just dig in... After dinner of course...

6 comments:

  1. What a colorful, beautiful quilt! Because it is so colorful, any perceived errors in quilting really won't show. And I have found (but still am unwilling to accept, so I always delay starting, too) that no matter what, quilting always seems to make a quilt look better, especially after washing. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it will look better! Now it is just finding the time between work, and caring for my son!

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt...yes, I often delay as well and hesitation sets in. Very annoying ...looking forward to seeing some progress on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to post some progress as I want to have it finished before the desert cools off. That gives me a few months!

      Delete
  3. You can do it! Just put some nice music on or an audiobook and stitch away. You will be done in no time and you will love it. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am just now waiting for some free time to do it! :) Yay!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog blurbs, and thanks doubly for taking the time to make a comment!
I try to comment back, so if you don't have an email, either leave it here or check back later! :)